Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join Dolphin awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
You need to be Dolphin user to get one VIP forum account.
You can get latest software upgrade on DFL data recovery tools.
You can get latest data recovery manuals, case studies and tips.
You can seek professional data recovery support from worldwide engineers.
You can get firmware resources for all HDD brands.
You can get donor hdd support from all forum members.
Much More.. or Create an Account

New Data Recovery Adapters, HDD Head Replacement Tools, Unlock PCBs here
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Seagate Hard Drive Firmware Modules
There’re two parts of firmware located on the platters’ minus tracks and ROM chip on the PCB, we call the part on the platter SA-service area or FW(firmware area).

A complete Seagate hard drive firmware contains APP, Cert, Cert table, ATA(7200.10 and .9 contains ATA 0 and ATA 1) and vendor modules and ROM module.

APP module: it’s necessary to load within level F command mode and it’s one codes module;

CERT module: it’s one selftest module;

CERT table: selftest process module;

ATA interface protocol module: after selftest, it’s necessary to load ATA;
Vendor info module: after selftest, it’s necessary to load ventor module.
Seagate hard drive can work on both normal mode and safe mode too like WD hard drive. Within safe mode, power on the hdd, the pcb is ready but the motor doesn’t spin up. When users want to read/write APP and ROM, it’s necessary to operate within safe mode. Anyway, functions within safe mode is limited.

Normal mode: most functions are run within normal mode and selftest needs to be run within normal mode too;

Safe mode: PCB mode and firmware is not working at all, when the APP module is damaged, the hdd enters level F command mode.
THANKS
THANKS
THANKS

now is is very easy to learn seagate repairing, because YOU are now here,
thx stanley
Thank you friends, we will create many documents, case studies and videos for our DFL-STII like what we have done for our DFL-WDII so that users can use the tool well.

We're right now adding more functions to DFL-STII and once we release it, I believe you all will like it as you like the WDII.

Dolphin Data Lab is always there with our users, we will be very happy and sincere to help all.
THIS IS YOUR PROMISE TO ME,

u will sell first DFL-STII to me.

i want to be a first custumer, for DFL-STII