Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join Dolphin awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
You need to be Dolphin user to get one VIP forum account.
You can get latest software upgrade on DFL data recovery tools.
You can get latest data recovery manuals, case studies and tips.
You can seek professional data recovery support from worldwide engineers.
You can get firmware resources for all HDD brands.
You can get donor hdd support from all forum members.
Much More.. or Create an Account

New Data Recovery Adapters, HDD Head Replacement Tools, Unlock PCBs here
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New Imaging Feature: Image By Files Is Added To DDP New Version 1.1
In the new version of DFL-DDP USB3.0 data recovery equipment, we have added another new disk imaging feature: Image by files.

For some hard drives, the file directory could be listed but when users extract the files or when reading some files on bad sectors or weak sectors, the direct extraction may fail. At this time, users could select to image by files.
great stuff Stanley, it will be a very useful feature.
(05-21-2013, 09:08 PM)odedshankar Wrote: great stuff Stanley, it will be a very useful feature.

Thank you
Thanks,very good feature.
Hi Stanley.

This function will be available in DE too?

By the way, the issues that im having (i talk with you in skype), probably is because im using w7 64bits.. I changed to a w7 32 machine and the version 1.5 goes very good. Smile

Thx.

Regards,

Diego Bortoli
KB Data Recovery - Brazil
Hello Diego,

You are correct, within 64bit, the Microsoft requires us to buy their digital signature and if not, the driver can be affected and become not stable, when our program becomes very stable with the most functions, we will then pay them each year to do this one and I hope we can earn enough to pay for this, lol!

Thank you very much for your feedback, my friend.

That function may not be put on DE. We are still adding new functions to DDP or DE, not decided which ones by Master Gu. So far, the more new functions in the final version are still secrets.

Yours
Stanley
(06-19-2013, 11:34 AM)Stanley.Morgan Wrote: Hello Diego,

You are correct, within 64bit, the Microsoft requires us to buy their digital signature and if not, the driver can be affected and become not stable, when our program becomes very stable with the most functions, we will then pay them each year to do this one and I hope we can earn enough to pay for this, lol!

Thank you very much for your feedback, my friend.

That function may not be put on DE. We are still adding new functions to DDP or DE, not decided which ones by Master Gu. So far, the more new functions in the final version are still secrets.

Yours
Stanley

Hi Stanley,

Can you please advise what is the right process of using the image by file option? At this stage it looks quite basic without any options, unless i am missing something.
It look like you can choose a target but does it copy it as a file or as a dump of imaged bits to the same LBA as they were stored in the original source drive?

Please advise,
Thanks,
Oded
Hello Oded,

Thank you very much for your feedback and questions on this one:

Mr tan explained this is one bit-to-bit copy of image from the source drive to target drive.

For example: A.txt, starting sector-10, ending sector-200, then this file after image is located at the LBA 10-200 of the target.

Will later create one video on this one.

Dolphin's team
sales@dolphindatalab.com
Dolphin team
(06-23-2013, 02:38 PM)Dolphin999 Wrote: Hello Oded,

Mr tan explained this is one bit-to-bit copy of image from the source drive to target drive.

For example: A.txt, starting sector-10, ending sector-200, then this file after image is located at the LBA 10-200 of the target.

Dolphin's team

Hi Guys, thanks for the reply.
It is good as a seed start solution but i believe that if this feature will be extended to have more options it will be very powerful.
Just few ideas in the subject:
1. at the moment this option if offered under file extraction module but if we will image by file it will be problematic without the MFT imaged to the target drive as we wouldn't have the pointer to the file/directory. I believe that it is must to do also MFT imaging to the target before doing any image by file/directory otherwise it's pointless.
2. It would be a great feature to have image by file where the actual result is translated to actual file and not by LBA, meaning using some intermediate drive or file to image the file/directory and using the source MFT saving it as a file/directory.
You can make a menu for choosing the type of file/directory Image - saves as file or save as LBA.

Anyway, would be nice to have,
Thanks,
Oded
(06-23-2013, 05:35 PM)odedshankar Wrote:

Dolphin's team

It is good as a seed start solution but i believe that if this feature will be extended to have more options it will be very powerful.
1. at the moment this option if offered under file extraction module but if we will image by file it will be problematic without the MFT imaged to the target drive as we wouldn't have the pointer to the file/directory. I believe that it is must to do also MFT imaging to the target before doing any image by file/directory otherwise it's pointless.
2. It would be a great feature to have image by file where the actual result is translated to actual file and not by LBA, meaning using some intermediate drive or file to image the file/directory and using the source MFT saving it as a file/directory.
You can make a menu for choosing the type of file/directory Image - saves as file or save as LBA.

Thanks,
Oded

Hello Oded,

Imaging by file images files according source disk file system to target disk. MFT is in fact imaged to target disk as well.Please analyse files with file system softwares beacuse OS file systmes may damage MFT.
Thanks,

(06-24-2013, 03:52 PM)diskbit Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 05:35 PM)odedshankar Wrote:

Dolphin's team

Thanks,
Oded

Hello Oded,

Imaging by file images files according source disk file system to target disk. MFT is in fact imaged to target disk as well.Please analyse files with file system softwares beacuse OS file systmes may damage MFT.
Thanks,
Hi Mate,
Thanks for your reply but i didn't completely understand your answer.
1. So when we image by file, does it copy automatically the whole MFT from source to Target? or just the MFT portions of the relevant file being imaged?
So if i will run R-STUDIO for example on the target, i should see the original source MFT on the target?

2. Does it also supports image by file for NTFS only? or also FAT, HFS etc.?

Cheers,
Oded
(06-24-2013, 07:08 PM)odedshankar Wrote: Hi Mate,
1. So when we image by file, does it copy automatically the whole MFT from source to Target? or just the MFT portions of the relevant file being imaged?
So if i will run R-STUDIO for example on the target, i should see the original source MFT on the target?

Cheers,
Oded

Hello Oded,
Only the MFT portions of the relevant file being imaged is copied to Target. You can see these MFT items with R-STUDIO.
Now FAT32/EXFAT/NTFS is supported.
Thanks,
(06-26-2013, 01:15 PM)diskbit Wrote:
(06-24-2013, 07:08 PM)odedshankar Wrote: Hi Mate,

Cheers,
Oded

Hello Oded,
Only the MFT portions of the relevant file being imaged is copied to Target. You can see these MFT items with R-STUDIO.
Now FAT32/EXFAT/NTFS is supported.
Thanks,

It is more clear now, thanks for your reply.