Guest Join UsHey Guest,
Welcome, Join Dolphin awesome community where you can discuss on various topics :-
You need to be Dolphin user to get one VIP forum account.
You can get latest software upgrade on DFL data recovery tools.
You can get latest data recovery manuals, case studies and tips.
You can seek professional data recovery support from worldwide engineers.
You can get firmware resources for all HDD brands.
You can get donor hdd support from all forum members.
Much More.. or Create an Account

New Data Recovery Adapters, HDD Head Replacement Tools, Unlock PCBs here
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Collect all readable modules and create a new DIR?
WD with PCB 1499, unreadable several parts of SA (always in blocks of 128 sectors), unfortunately including DIR. I could reassemble the DIR module manually; however, I haven’t written the appropriate routine yet so it would be quite time consuming. Could DFL-WD help in this case (i.e. collect all readable modules and create a new DIR)?
As for PCB 1499 series, if the track with DIR cannot be read, can you read module 110, module 110 is the backup module of module DIR, if module 110 can be read, then you can generate module DIR too.

When the module DIR cannot be read, it can be either caused by bad ROM or bad ATA module. Within DFL-WD II, you can import one DIR module with with the same microcode, and then check modules in ABA mode.

If the hdds are undetected, you need to load OVL to read it normally.
sales@dolphindatalab.com
Dolphin team
to make a DIR Mod 01 like Dolphin said you can use Mod 110 but this one needs to be edited. It can not just be used like it is. You can use this but will need Win Hex to make a new Mod 01 from it.